Thursday 9 July 2015

What holds me together – Faith

As a practicing Catholic since I was born, one thing that always held me together inside is my religion. God has been my rock in every moment of my life. There were times were I wanted to end it all, where I wanted to give up, but knowing that there is Someone Bigger and Stronger than me and that is Perfect, Omnipotent and ready to forgive me at any moment and be there for me in all difficult times, made me stay here. Believing in God and forming a real conversation with Him made me feel a little stronger and warm inside.

I know that many of you don’t believe in God, or aren’t Catholic, but having some kind of religion in general, that we believe in completely without needing any scientific evidence, does give us a sense of serenity in our hearts.

When I was 14 years old, I tried committing suicide. I was bullied a lot in school (apart from the other problems I was dealing with), to the point where I didn’t want to live anymore. But something held me here. Deep down in my heart, I knew that God had something for me. I knew that God was with me. But I felt alone. So I wanted to take out the plug, and I almost managed. Sometimes I regret that it didn’t happen. But then I remember again that in my heart God is there to help me through everything.

During those times, the only people that seemed to help were the teachers, doctors and nurses. My teachers have been very helpful and they made it possible for me to continue my lessons without any distractions. Doctors and nurses talked to me and tried to convince me that although the severe bullying was hard, someday it will end. They kept telling to hold on and never give up because that was temporary, and Death is… well… Permanent.

Coming from a science student where I need tangible proof to believe anything, by Laws, and mechanisms, sounds silly. But I believe in God, and I don’t think that I could have arrived to where I am here today. God has been and will always be everything to me.  I think having Faith in God despite no evidence except the Bible and what the church states, has given me another perspective in life. Of course, I’m still trying to find my place in this world, and trying to figure out myself, but I know that God will never leave me alone.

God is what keeps me together.

What about you? Do you believe in God? And what does keep you together? I would like to hear from you, so comment ahead. :)

Also, if you’d like to contact me, do so on my e-mail – seramartina@hotmail.com . Also, if you want me to write about a particular topic, just e-mail me, even if you want to talk or need a shoulder. :)

Sera  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment